It's swap time! Yay! We hope you will love the theme for this swap, we're excited about it!
It's a very broad subject, really. It can be the obvious choice of carnivorous flowers/plants, but it can also be 'unusual flowers' - Freaky Flowers just sounds kinda funky. Other flowers could be bromeliads, curious looking orchids etc. Or how about flora from the ocean; anemones, anyone?
What we really want to see is you guys thinking outside the box of pretty flowers. We know you can do it! Roses, tulips, dahlias, sweet peas, and all those guys. They're banned. Unless you can find a really freaky one!
We'll have some inspiration for you later on in case you are stuck on which freaky flower to stitch.
April 1: Swap sign-up is open, woohoo!
April 20: You will receive the name and address of your swap partner as well as some extra information so you can get to know them a bit better.
May 29: Deadline for sending!
1) This is an international swap. You must be willing to send overseas.
As you will notice, there is a small fee for taking part in the swap. There are two reasons for this. 1) We hope that a small financial commitment means that no one will flake out and not do their part of the swap. Sadly, one person didn't fulfill their end of the swap last time. 2) It takes time and effort to organize and manage a swap. The money will not be frittered away on ice cream or beer, instead it will support this blog and be a help in case someone does flake out.
3) When you have signed up, you will be able to download a PDF with a link to a questionnaire which we need you to fill out so your partner can get to know you better. This is a 'blind' swap so you won't know who you are receiving from. In the PDF you will also find important dates for the swap.
We will put your email address on a mailing list for this swap. You will only receive emails regarding this swap, mainly a couple of reminders of the deadline to send your swap. :-)
4) Make an embroidered piece for your partner. The size or type of object is up to you, but do make it at least 3"x3" ( 7.5x7.5cm). The piece must be predominantly embroidered but you can use other techniques as well.
5) You will make a piece for one person and you will receive a piece from a third person.
6) Remember to send your swap partner a nice note with the piece. Introduce yourself, maybe tell her a bit about the inspiration for the piece. You are also welcome to send a little something extra, but please don't go overboard.
7) Please send the piece on time. Don't let your partner (a new friend!) down by sending it 2-3 weeks late. If something does come up and you are unable to send on time, please let us know as soon as you can so we can let your partner know.
What are you stitching? Please share in the &Stitches Flickr group. We'd love to see it!