The theme for the swap is 'Places'. It could be anything: the place you live, the place where your swap partner lives, somewhere you'd like to visit, your favourite holiday destination. Maybe an imaginary or fictional place! The place has to be somewhere tangible, and we count Hogwarts and the Forest Moon of Endor as tangible even if you can't actually visit them. ;-)
You can share your swaps in the &Stitches Flickr group. You're also welcome to share on Twitter and Instagram. Use the tag 'andstitchesswap' so we can find your photos.
April 7th: Swap sign-up will open, woohoo!
April 18th: Last day to sign up
April 23rd: You will receive the name and address of your swap partner
May 26th: Deadline for sending!
1) Sign up by clicking this link. When you sign up please make sure that you use the correct email address and postal address (including the country, please!). And please write the full state or county, don't use abbreviations.
As you will notice, there is a small fee for taking part in the swap. There are two reasons for this. We hope that a small financial commitment means that no one will flake out and not do their part of the swap. It takes time and effort to organize and manage a swap. The money will not be frittered away on ice cream or beer, instead it will support this blog and future things like giveaways.
2) This is an international swap.
3) Make an embroidered piece for your partner. The size or type of object is up to you, but do make it at least 2"x3" ( 5x7.5cm). The piece must be predominantly embroidered but you can use other techniques as well.
4) You will make a piece for one person and you will receive a piece back from him/her.
5) Remember to send your swap partner a nice note with the piece. Introduce yourself, maybe tell her a bit about the inspiration for the piece.
6) Please send the piece on time. Don't let your partner (a new friend!) down by sending it 2-3 weeks late.
Feel free to tell your stitchy friends about the swap! We even have a wee button you can share on your blog.
Copy this code and place it in the sidebar of your blog.
Post a Comment
Hi there, thank you for stopping by &Stitches. The blog is no longer updated, but you can still explore the archive of posts. Because the blog is no longer active, new comments have been disabled. Thank you for understanding. :-)
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.